April Community Service- Master's in Pharmacology

The month of April has undeniably been one of the most unpredictable and unexpected months of my life. It has included a constant cycle of hope and concern, between hearing that the “curve is flattening” and we could be in stay-at-home orders “for several months.” Everyone is paying attention but no one truly knows when our life will return to normal and if our lives will ever be truly back to normal. While I hold on to hope that we have some of the best researchers and scientists in the world, I know that this journey is far from over. And I am also looking forward to the day that I am a physician so I can be more actively part of the solution if a situation like this ever happens again in my lifetime. Surprisingly, this pandemic has reinforced my desire to dedicate my life to helping other people.

This month has been spent focusing on myself. As I mentally prepare for beginning medical school in the fall, I am trying to make sure that I am my best self when that new chapter of my life begins. I have been exercising, eating healthy, and trying to mentally conquer the difficulties of having my entire life change so suddenly. I am remaining grateful for all of the health that I have and trying to better myself as much as possible. I have recently researched becoming a contact tracer so that I can do my part to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem of this pandemic. If I become a contact tracer, I will spend my days calling infected patients as well as people they were in contact with. This is in an effort to spread awareness to people that they may have been exposed as well as what they need to know to keep themselves and their loved ones safe. Contact tracing is one of the most crucial components to reopening different communities. The ultimate goal is companies like apple and google to embed contact tracing in our phones, but until then it is people making phone calls that will have to do the contact tracing.

Hour tally:
January- 2
February- 3
March- 10
April- 0
Total- 15 hours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Community Service

September Community Service